Will the new Cabinet line-up involving Umno candidates envisage vicissitude for some already in the Cabinet or those aspiring for it?Newly-elected Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak will make the announcement next week, probably after the three by-elections in Bukit Segantang (Perak), Bukit Selambau (Kedah) and Batang Ai (Sarawak).
Like it or not, Cabinet positions are not transient. Even those who have served well, too may have to find exit due to 'terlalu lama duduk kat situ'. Please, no mayhem in this.For the sake of Umno and the country, I and some bloggers have this to suggest to YAB Najib - who should go, who should come in, etc.
Those who should go are:
1. Datuk Seri Rais Yatim - being a veteran and already a septuagenarian, the Foreign Minister should take a rest from Cabinet but instead be appointed the new Umno secretary-general.
2. Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar - made some policy blunders that put him under a bad limelight, especially to the Press, bloggers and the Oppositions. His decision on ISA, the recent 3-month suspension on Harakah and Suara Keadilan (which Najib avowed to lift last Friday), plus his guidelines for ceramah elements in Bkt Gantang and Bkt Selambau, met mounting criticism not only from BN supporters but also from the Opposition. Consider him another non-Cabinet task.
3. Datuk Wira Abu Seman - this Masjid Tanah MP has been there for about four terms now, always on a deputy-minister chair. Created some spins during the division elections last year for chosing his own team to lead the branch.
4. Datuk Azalina Othman Said - the attractive-single Tourism Minister who once was the force in grooming up Puteri Umno. Facing an investigation for what she 'had done' and lost her bid for Umno Supreme Council seat during the party general assembly last month.
5. Tan Sri Muhammad Muhd Taib - also lost his bid to challenge Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin for Umno deputy president post last month. No seat in the Supreme Council.
Those who should come in are:
1. Datuk Seri Shahrizat Jalil - the new Wanita chief who defeated Tan Sri 'Iron Lady' Rafidah Aziz. Although her appointment by Pak Lah as an adviser-minister at the PM office was met with criticism since she lost her Lembah Pantai parliamentary seat to Ezzah Anwar on March 8, 2008, she will definitely find her way to the Cabinet again.
2. Khairy Jamaluddin - the new Pemuda chief who beat Khir Toyo and Mukhriz Mahathir during the party elections. Although met with many discontentment from Pemuda members itself, Najib will have to find him a Pemuda 'traditional seat' and help him to unite all Pemuda factions. Many believe this extrovert should be given the chance as he is young and got many years ahead.
3. Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir - another Pemuda who should work together with Khairy to rally the Pemuda behind them. Their combination will eventually group the Pemuda members again. If not, Umno will suffer in the next general elections.
This is our line-up. Its up to Najib to consider...
JomoSama support YB. KJ and YB.Datuk Rosnah... but, the rest of it....RUBBISH!! TIME TO GO PACKING YOUR STUFF AND DISSAPPEAR... like Dato Rahmat, Dato Zam and the others..!! Dont be like TUN.M.. pick his successor..and then, OPPSS..my mistakes..WRONG DECISIONS!! And then...terhegeh2 mencadangkan Dato Najib....ini punya manusiapun masih adakah??? JILAT LUDAH SENDIRI...apa kau rasa?? ORENNN!!!
PPBM jangan gila talak, cuba anjur Persidangan!!!! - Sibuk pencacai dan pencaci PPBM di sosial media menebar fitnah seolah-olah makan malam Presiden kosong. Najib beritahu mereka dalam ucapan penggulongan sup...
3 jam yang lalu